Thursday, October 28, 2010

Once again: Who caused the financial meltdown?

It saddens me that so many people think it was only the Republicans who were responsible for the financial meltdown. But it is only a small part of the story. The fact the Democrats also had a large play is not only fact, but recorded on CSPAN video. The Republican failure wasn't that they saw the problem coming much earlier, but they let the Democrats intimidate them and didn't stand up for their own principles.

It was kind of like "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

I think putting the blame on only Republicans is a failure to take personal responsibility (see my earlier post about Barney Franks). This seems typical of the Democrat party today, and possibly most politicians.

Here's a compilation of CSPAN videos that will -- hopefully -- help enlighten those who can't see the actual truth. Or at least get you thinking critically, instead of using simple-minded talking points.



It's really not so simple, is it?

2 comments:

Fam Guy said...

Interesting. We all know where 'the buck stops', but this reinforces my opinion that there's not that much difference between 'em.

Steve said...

I've been accused of "Repubs good, Dems bad," but if the Repubs take the House, I'll be just as critical of them if they start screwing up again. My hope is they learned their lesson when they got fired in 06.

I guess we'll see.